Options / Critical point options
These options control Newton's method for critical point-calculation.
- Minimal distance of critical points: 0.1.
If two critical points have a distance below this value, they are assumed to be equal.
- Iteration continues if distance of consecutive
points is greater than: 1e-009.
Newton iteration stops if two iterations have a distance below this value.
- Iteration continues if 2-Norm of gradient is greater
Newton iterations stops if the 2-Norm of the gradient of the density function
is below this value.
- Maximal number of Newton iterations: 120.
Newton iteration is cancelled if the number of steps exceeds this value. Usually critical
points are found with less than 20 steps.
- Step size factor of Newton iteration: 1.
A value of one indicates that the classical Newton iteration is used. Sometimes it may be
useful to decrease this number to 0.5 in order to find critical points close to the